Sunday 30 March 2014

Poetry Feels

now playing Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah

A few weeks ago I stumbled across this one video on Youtube called "When Love Arrives".

 
It is a poem about the expectations and realities in love. And as cheesy as it might sounds, I am falling in love with this poem and of course, being a typical kid from Y generations, I started 'researching' (or more like 'Google-ing') the poets ; Sarah Kay and Phil Kaye. And Sarah became one of my favorites just in a matter of second.
 
Love arrives exactly when love is supposed to,
And love leaves exactly when love must.
When love arrives, say, “Welcome. Make yourself comfortable.”
If love leaves, ask her to leave the door open behind her.
Turn off the music, listen to the quiet, whisper,
“Thank you for stopping by.”

You know how I love poetry (previously I am obsessed with Lang Leav, still am tho, and her new book is coming!) and Sarah Kay's works are magnificent! This is another one of my favorites. :)

Love Letter from Toothbrush to Bicycle Tire

They told me that I was meant for the cleaner life, that you would drag me through the mud. They said that you would tread all over me, that they could see right through you, that you were full of hot air, that I would always be chasing, always watching you disappear after sleeker models, that it would be a vicious cycle.

But I know better. I know about your rough edges and I have seen your perfect curves, and I will fit into any spaces you let me. If loving you means getting dirty, bring on the grime, I will leave this porcelain home behind. I’m used to twice a day relationships, but with you, I’ll take all the time. And I know, we live in different world and we’re always really busy.

But in my dreams, you spin around me so fast I always wake up dizzy. So maybe one day you’ll grow tired of the road and roll on back to me. And when I blink my eyes into the morning, your smile will be the only thing I see.



I'm so buying her books!



No comments: