#nowplaying Ayah by Ae.Man
Back in yesterday's class; Digestive System with Doctor Gelo, I recalled his question, "are you a coffee person or a tea person?" Well i am a tea person, lemon tea or simply plain tea, (not teh tarik, the condensed milk annoys me). I believe there are bunches of people share my interest and obsession toward tea. Well hello there, we are lucky for loving tea. Especially if you're concern with your health, or beauty.
1) Tea and Stomach Upset
I recalled Doctor Gelo gave another useful information; BRAT for calming your diarrhea or stomach upset. BRAT stands for Banana, Rice, Apple, Tea. So I Google-d, and it is entirely true that drinking tea can ease your tummy. All this while, I consumed tea every time I have stomach ache only because I love the warm and soothing feelings of tea drink inside the mugs. Haha. Some said the best tea to reduce stomach upset is green tea. But if you do not favor green tea's 'greenery' or too plain and bitter taste, you can add some honey and lemon, or go for another option, which is aromatic herbs tea. The best choices are peppermint tea, chamomile/chrysanthemum tea, and ginger tea. Personally I hate chrysanthemum so I will be delighted to try peppermint and ginger flavor. :)
- You need 1 cup of water and 2-3 teaspoons of dried or fresh peppermint leaves.
- The dried leaves are stronger in taste so if you use them you can use a lesser amount.
- Boil the water and pour it over the peppermint leaves which you have put in an ordinary tea strainer.
- Then you leave it all to subtract for 10-15 minutes until all the flavor has come into the water.
- Strain the tea so no parts of the leaves are left in the water.
Another interesting health fact, there are some researches show that people who regularly drank green tea were less likely to develop cancers such as colon cancer and prostate cancer. After all, drinking tea may reduce the risk of cancer. So, if you already drink tea, you can pat yourself on the back for being so healthy. Hehe :)
2) Tea and Dark Circled-Puffy Eyes
Dark circles under the eyes tend to age us more than wrinkles or grey hair -quoted-. Do you want to look older than your age? I am hundred percent sure that nobody want to look even one month older than his/her actual age. The easiest way to get rid of swelling and puffy eyes, (hence keep you young :P) is by using tea bags. Believe me, you can experience spa-like mood in your own home by this method. And to make it better, it is economical! Caffeinated teas help constrict blood vessels and reduce swelling and puffiness of the eyes.
- Steep 2 bags of your choice of tea in hot water for three to five minutes.
- Let cool until the bags are comfortably warm to the touch.
- Lie down, close your eyes, and place a tea bag over each eye; then cover with a soft cloth.
- During hot months, put the cooked tea bags in the refrigerator and apply to eyes when needed for a refreshing, eye-opening experience.
3) Tea and Biscuits
One more thing I love with tea is that it makes my biscuits more delicious especially when you dipped them in a cuppa hot tea, in front of the television while watching it, with your family members. I don't know about the other place in the world, but I know that typical Malaysian love this. Haha. Back in home, my little sister will simply make a jug of hot tea and serve it with a tin-full of biscuit and we will enjoy it as evening tea or supper (sometimes). Who love it most? My Ayah obviously. I love to see him munching the tea-dipped biscuits non-stop and my Mak will be nagging for seeing the scene.
As for today, I'm suffering from stomach ache. So I simply make a cup of hot tea, enjoy it with a few biskut Marrie as breakfast, feel the hot tea's soothing effects on my tummy, and cooling the tea bag for a relaxing eye spa later on ! (As a student, my major depression is dark circle and puffy eyes, well, other than studying for exams. Hehe)
see my puffy panda eyes T____T
As a conclusion, tea is great for your tummy upset, puffy eyes, and reducing your hunger. Haha.
#nowplaying Fight For You by Jason Derulo